Bromsgrove Windows and Doors – Carera – Double Glazing Specialists
Carera Windows are specialist installers of high quality replacement UPVC windows, doors and conservatories, as well as orangeries and porches, in the Bromsgrove area of the West Midlands.
Map of Bromsgrove – Carera Windows covers this area
When you choose Carera you can be sure of the highest quality of service too, the proof of our enviable reputation being with our long list of happy customers:- 70% of all our home and commercial enquiries come via personal testimonials from previous customers. Check out their testimonials for details.
What Makes Our Service The Best?
- Free quotation
- Free site survey services
- No deposit
- Payment only upon successful completion of the installation
- We Employ our own expert sales people and installers
- All products are manufactured to the highest standards
- All products are thoroughly tested to ensure we comply with all industry standards
- Energy efficient rated windows, doors and skylights
- 10-year guarantee
- We are a FENSA registered double glazing company
Replacing Your Windows? – We understand how important it is to choose the right specialist supplier.
At Carera Windows, we know that purchasing new windows or doors represents a large investment for any home owner, which in turn means you, the customer, have to be totally happy with the type and style of windows, and of course the supplier you choose.
When choosing the type, the first matter to consider is the materials used. There are several types of materials to choose from, together with different methods of opening. Both of these make a big difference to the visual appearance, so you have to make your choice with utmost care, ensuring it suits your home and requirements
The most used materials are Aluminium, Wood and UPVC. The former are long lasting and tough, but they are often more expensive and do not always suit the style of every home, excepting those utilising an ultra modern architectural style. Wooden frames can look very good but have fallen out of favour, many preferring the more environmentally friendly UPVC type.
Different Styles of UPVC Double Glazed Windows
If you have decided on UPVC windows, then you need to decide upon the style. A selection is listed below:-
- Sash windows – classic design, great look for period properties with timeless charm.
- Casement windows – probably the most popular type, letting the most light into your home.
- Tilt Turn windows – have a flexible dual hinge system. Great choice for homes with young children as the windows tilt to be opened and are fixed at a safe opening distance.
- Fully reversible window – the window rotates through 180 degrees to allow internal cleaning of the external pane.
- Open-out window – the window may be opened outwards with its friction hinges holding it in the desired position.
In most cases, you can further enhance the energy efficiency of your windows by choosing triple glazing.
New uPVC Doors?
The external doors for any premises (especially your home) need to look great, as well as being strong, sturdy and secure.
The good news is that today’s exterior doors fit and insulate more efficiently than previous types as advances in technology take effect. Furthermore, the UPVC double glazed windows fitted to most modern houses can be paired with a range of exterior UPVC door styles, so you will be sure we can match to the style of your property, and your individual taste.
The range of Double glazed UPVC front doors includes panel, french doors, sliding doors and even stable doors, but rest assured, at Carera we have a huge level of experience and will help you make the right decision when selecting your doors.
UPVC double glazed doors come in a variety of different styles to include:
- Residential doors – doors may be fitted with lever/pad handles that limit outside opening by use of a key, or lever/lever handles allowing external opening by handle movement. High security locking systems generally comprise multipoint deadbolts of various types and a latch lock.
- In-Line sliding patio door –in-line sliding patio doors are the most cost effective way of providing access to your patio or garden. They slide open smoothly and effortlessly, with no sticking or jamming. They are also designed to be very low maintenance.
- French doors – French doors add charm and character to a home. UPVC French doors are an attractive option. Doors with Georgian bars give a cottage feel. Available in double or triple glazing for greater efficiency.
- Bi-Fold door – bi-fold doors will transform an ordinary room into a spectacular and versatile space that becomes a feature of the home. Bi-fold doors are great space savers and are designed to be very low maintenance.
- Composite doors – composite doors are hugely popular with home owners because of their authentic style, thermally efficient properties and low maintenance benefits.
Double Glazing Window and Door Maintenance in Bromsgrove
Cleaning the glass of double glazed units
- Because Glass in double glazed units, like all glass is easily scratched, always remove jewellery prior to cleaning.
- You can use most brands of window cleaner, a soft cloth being the best way of applying this. If heavy grime is present, this can be removed with a solution of normal soap and water.
- Laminated glass, or glass with Georgian bars, can be cleaned in the same manner.
Leaded glass cleaning
- Extra care is need when cleaning leaded lights as excessive pressure may dislodge the lead from the glass surface area.
- The use of warm soapy water and a soft cloth, lightly applied, is the suggested cleaning method.
- If any scratches are found, jewellers rouge (a rubbing compound) may remove them.
uPVC / PVC-U Frame Cleaning
- It is vital that solvent-based or abrasive cleaners are not used
- Regularly wash frames with soap and water solution to remove grime.
- In the case of any stubborn marks, clean with a non-abrasive proprietary cleaner.
- Be careful not to disturb the sealants.
Conservatory & Porch Roof Cleaning
- Again, it is vital that solvent-based or abrasive cleaners are not used
- All the roofing, rafters and UPVC components should be cleaned in a similar way to UPVC frames (see above).
- At least once a year, clear gutters of leaves.
- The roof panels can be washed with a soap and water solution.
Maintaining Locks and Hinges
- Lubricate all hardware with a light machine oil every 6-12 months for optimum performance.
Cleaning Brass Furnishings
- Although brass work is fully protected with lacquer, this can become tarnished through normal wear and tear.
Some Interesting Facts about Bromsgrove….
Bromsgrove’s history can be traced back to the early 9th century, it then being called Bremesgraf. Later on in the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle of 909AD Bromsgrove is again mentioned, this time as Bremesburh. William the Conqueror’s Domesday Book referenced Bromsgrove as Bremesgrave.
Later still in its history, Bromsgrove was granted the right to a market day in 1200, and in 1317 was given the right to hold a market on Tuesdays, with a 3 day fair every August 29th at the Decollation of St John the Baptist. Market day changed several times over the years. The fairs were held twice yearly, in June and October. Today’s modern fairs originated from the horse and pleasure fair that was held every June.
The wool trade became important towards the end of the Middle Ages, when Bromsgrove became the centre of this trade. The manufacture of cloth, particularly narrow cloth and friezes, can be traced back to 1533. However it fell into decline in the 1700’s and by 1778 nail making had become the principle employer, but mechanisation quickly put this industry into decline.
Some famous residents ….
- Charlotte Badger, considered by many to be the first Australian female pirate, was born in Bromsgrove in 1778.
- George Cadbury, creator of Cadbury chocolates also resided in Bromsgrove.
- The Singer/actor, Michael Ball, was born in Bromsgrove.
- Plus, popular with many, the actor Mark Williams was born in 1959. He is famous for portraying Arthur Weasley in the Harry Potter film franchise.
So there you have it.
At Carera Windows, we don’t just provide a first class double glazing fitting and supply service in Bromsgrove, but we also provide some interesting facts on the history about the place you live in.