Halesowen Windows, Conservatories and Doors
Carera Windows are specialist installers of high quality replacement UPVC doors, windows, conservatories, orangeries, porches and other home improvements in the Halesowen area of the West Midlands.
Map of Halesowen – Carera Windows covers this area
You can be sure of the highest quality of service. Our enviable reputation is proof of that, so check out our customer’s testimonials for details. Perhaps the biggest indication that our service is of the highest level, are the recommendations we receive. Some 70% of all our home and commercial enquiries come via personal testimonials from happy customers.
What Makes Our Service The Best?
- Free quotation
- Free site survey services
- No deposit
- Payment only upon successful completion of the installation
- We Employ our own expert sales people and installers
- All products are manufactured to the highest of standards
- All products are thoroughly tested to ensure we comply with all industry standards
- Energy efficient rated windows, doors and skylights
- 10-year guarantee
- We are a FENSA registered double glazing company
We understand how important it is to choose the right replacement windows.
At Carera, we know that purchasing new windows or doors represents a significant investment, which in turn means you, the customer, has to be totally happy with your personal selection.
The difficulty is that there are several types of materials to choose from, together with a variety of opening styles. Both of these make a big difference to the visual appearance, so you have to make your choice with utmost care, ensuring it suits your home and requirements
The three top materials are Aluminium, Wood and UPVC. The former is long lasting and tough, but they are often dearer and they do not fit in with the style of most homes unless that is they are of an ultra modern architectural style. Wooden frames can look very good but have fallen out of favour, many preferring the more environmentally friendly UPVC type.
Different uPVC Double Glazed Windows Designs
If you have decided on UPVC windows, then you need to decide upon the style. A selection is listed below:-
- Sash windows – classic design, great look for period properties with timeless charm.
- Casement windows – probably the most popular type, letting the most light into your home.
- Tilt Turn windows – have a flexible dual hinge system. Great choice for homes with young children, as the windows, tilt to be opened and are fixed at a safe opening distance.
- Fully reversible window – the window rotates through 180 degrees to allow internal cleaning of the external pane.
- Open-out window – the window may be opened outwards with its friction hinges holding it in the desired position.
In most cases, you can further enhance the energy efficiency of your windows by choosing triple glazing.
Considering Door Replacements?
It goes without saying that the external doors of your home need to be strong, sturdy and secure as well as looking great.
The good news is that today’s exterior doors fit and insulate better than the previous types as advances in technology take effect. Furthermore, the UPVC double glazed windows fitted to most modern houses can be paired with a range of exterior UPVC door styles, so you will be sure one can be matched to the style of your property, and your individual taste.
The range of Double glazed UPVC front doors includes panel, french doors, sliding doors and even stable doors, but rest assured, at Carera we have a huge level of experience and will help you make the right decision when selecting your doors.
UPVC double glazed doors come in a variety of different styles to include:
- Residential doors – doors may be fitted with lever/pad handles that limit outside opening by use of a key, or lever/lever handles allowing external opening by handle movement. High security locking systems generally comprise multipoint deadbolts of various types and a latch lock.
- In-Line sliding patio door –in-line sliding patio doors are the most cost effective way of providing access to your patio or garden. They slide open smoothly and effortlessly, with no sticking or jamming. They are also designed to be very low maintenance.
- French doors – French doors add charm and character to a home. UPVC French doors are an attractive option. Doors with Georgian bars give a cottage feel. Available in double or triple glazing for greater efficiency.
- Bi-Fold door – bi-fold doors will transform an ordinary room into a spectacular and versatile space that becomes a feature of the home. Bi-fold doors are great space savers and are designed to be very low maintenance.
- Composite doors – composite doors are hugely popular with home owners because of their authentic style, thermally efficient properties and low maintenance benefits.
Conservatories, Extensions and Orangeries in Halesowen
Conservatories, extensions and orangeries make a welcome addition to any home, offering a versatile space to be enjoyed all year round. A room that is almost outside, inside. Plus, not only are conservatories and orangeries aesthetic, they add value to your property, as well as increasing the amount of natural light inside your home.
Whatever style you choose, be it traditional or modern, it’s an ideal way of extending your living space. Be it a new dining area, kids play area or some home office space, it’s your choice!
Bespoke Conservatories – The Complete Service From Carera Windows
With a bespoke UPVC conservatory from Carera Windows, you have total freedom to create just the space you choose, one that reflects your individuality and compliments your home.
Whether you want an ornate, traditional or a modern/contemporary conservatory design, we will help you plan your conservatory or orangery so that is just how you want it. Plus, as we take pride in our work, you can be sure that it will be of the very highest quality and will be designed to totally fit your requirements.
Some Interesting Information about Halesowen….
Did you know that Halesowen was, in fact, part of Shropshire until 1844 when it became incorporated into Worcestershire? Then in 1974, when local government was reorganised, it was included in the area known today as the West Midlands.
Another interesting fact is that in the Doomsday Book of 1086, Halesowen is recorded as being larger than Birmingham!
The name ‘Halesowen’ derives from the Anglo Saxon term ‘Halh’ (meaning a nook or remote valley), this being corrupted over time to ‘Hala’, the name by which the town was known until it was gifted by King Henry II to the Welsh Prince David Owen, then taking the name ‘Halas Owen’.
Coal was mined in the area as early as 1893, the number of mines totalling 130 by 1919.
Some famous residents ….
- Bill Oddie the star of the Goodies and many wildlife programmes attended Halesowen Grammar School.
- Frank Skinner, another TV presenter/comedian, lived nearby in Oldbury and taught at Halesowen College.
- Jordanne Whiley, the international women’s wheelchair tennis champion is another famous resident.
So there you have it.
At Carera Windows, we don’t just supply and fit the very best uPVC windows, doors and conservatories, we also provide some interesting facts on the history of where you live.